About the Partnership Grant Program
The Essex Heritage Partnership Grant Program is a reimbursable, matching grant program created to foster and support the stewardship activities of organizations that share our mission to preserve and enhance the historic, cultural and natural resources of the Essex National Heritage Area (Essex County, Massachusetts).
Impacting many in the region, the 19-year old program has provided more than $1.5 million to municipalities and nonprofit organizations that steward the region’s nationally significant heritage.
2017 Partnership Grant Program
In 2017, Essex Heritage will fulfill a strategic priority by awarding $2,000 grants to twenty (20) qualified applicants who apply for funding in one of three categories:
- Education: Create or further develop educational opportunities for youth
- Interpretation: Increase awareness and understanding of the region’s heritage
- Preservation: Preserve or enhance historic structures, landscapes and cultural resources
Essex Heritage will accept applications for eligible projects online only until Monday, February 20, 2017 (by 11:59 PM). All applicants will be notified by early April regarding the status of their application. Once designated to receive funding, grant recipients will be required to execute a grant contract which will outline match-funding requirements, grant reporting and other responsibilities. All projects must be completed and all reports and financial documentation submitted to Essex Heritage by June 30, 2017.
How to Apply
- Log In or Register to apply online. Applications will be accepted ONLINE ONLY. (If you already logged in, use the Grant Applicant Menu in left column of this page OR the welcome block at the top of the page to access your application)
- Applications are due no later than Monday, February 20, 2017 by 11:59 PM
- Read the 2017 Partnership Grant Program Description (pdf)