2016 Photo Contest Submission Deadline: December 1, 2016
Photographers Get Snapping! In celebration of Essex Heritage’s 20th Anniversary, all photographers are invited to submit images that capture the unique character of the Essex National Heritage Area (Essex County) or speak to Essex Heritage's role in preserving the historic, cultural, and natural places of Essex County.
Photographs must be taken within the Essex National Heritage Area (Essex County) and represent one of the three Contest Categories listed below. Please read the complete Rules & Requirements and send in an Entry Form for your chance to win! All entries must be postmarked by December 1, 2016.
PHOTO CONTEST FORMS:
2016 CONTEST CATEGORIES:
- The Land this YOUR Land: Whether cruising along the Essex Coastal Scenic Byway, bicycling down the Border to Boston Trail, enjoying local farms, parks, or trails, or taking to the water, this land is ours and there is nowhere else like it! Show us YOUR favorite places in the Essex National Heritage Area or show us PEOPLE finding their PLACE in the Heritage Area!
- Go Coastal! A strong maritime heritage and the spectacular beauty of Essex County’s coastline and the Essex Coastal Scenic Byway help define the character of this region. Show us those dramatic coastlines, historic seaports, lighthouses, beaches, and people that make our coast the best coast!
- Downtown: The built environment shapes the culture of a place in powerful ways, and few regions have such a rich tapestry of architectural ingenuity as the 34 historic communities in Essex County. Show us the architectural treasures, urban centers, downtowns, streetscapes, public art, and people that help define the unique local character of the Essex National Heritage Area.
WINNING IMAGES & PRIZES
Winners will be notified and announced by the end of December 2016. There will be up to fourteen (14) prizes awarded*:
- Grand Prize (Best of Show): $200 Hunt’s Photo & Video Gift Certificate
- People’s Choice Award (to be chosen by Essex Heritage Facebook followers): Gift Certificate to TBD local restaurant
- First Prize (Each Category): $100 Hunt’s Photo & Video Gift Certificate
- Second Prize (Each Category): $50 Hunt’s Photo & Video Gift Certificate
- Third Prize (Each Category): Passport® To Your National Parks: Explorer Edition from the National Park Service
- * Youth Prize (up to three winners ages 5-17 in any contest category): $25 Hunt’s Photo & Video Gift Certificate