Experience Inspiration Through Your Lens...
Sponsored by major camera equipment companies and New England's largest photography retailer, Hunt's Photo & Video of Melrose, MA, the Essex Heritage Photo Safari program provides the perfect blend of historic exploration with modern-day digital photography advances. Photographers at all levels will expand their skills and broaden their horizons with unlimited use of high-quality photo equipment during visits to these incredibly beautiful Essex National Heritage Area locations.
Essex Heritage relies on your participation and active engagement to fulfill our mission, support our partners and encourage stewardship of our treasured resources. Essex Heritage’s Photo Safari program and Photo Contest costs are generously underwritten by Hunt’s Photo & Video.
2013 Photo Safari Schedule
- Saturday, May 18, 2013: Photo Safari featuring Olympus at Cogswell's Grant, Essex
- Saturday, June 1, 2013: Photo Safari featuring Tamron at The Cox Reservation, Essex
Fees & Considerations
- Tickets: Photo Safari participants must be registered to attend. Photo Safaris are limited to 35 attendees each session. Before each safari, registered participants will receive an event reminder. If a Photo Safari session sells out, call Essex Heritage at (978) 740-0444 to be places on a wait-list.
- Equipment Loans: Equipment will be loaned on a first-come, first-served basis. You can try out one camera and/or lens and then exchange it for a second camera and/or lens as needed (based upon availability). In order to use the available equipment, you MUST have registered and paid, MUST be 18 years or older or accompanied by an adult, and you MUST leave your drivers license and a credit card with Essex Heritage at check-in. Participants are responsible for any and all damage to the equipment.
- Weather: Photo Safaris are held rain or shine. Please dress accordingly! Should Essex Heritage and Hunt’s Photo & Video need to cancel the event due to unsafe weather conditions or another unforeseen cause, registrants will receive a full refund for their tickets.
- Event Cancellation & Refund Policy: Individual cancellations must be received 3 business days prior to the safari date to be eligible to receive a refund. The ticket will be refunded less the cost of electronic ticketing fees associated with credit card purchases. Those tickets purchased by check will receive a full refund. Cancellations received after this deadline will not be eligible for a refund. Cancellations will be accepted only via email OR by phone call to Essex Heritage at 978-740-0444 and must be received before the cancellation deadline.