THANK YOU to all Trails & Sails event hosts, participants, volunteers and our sponsors for making the 15th annual Trails & Sails such a terrific success!
The 2016 event line-up offered 150+ FREE event opportunities to connect you to the spectacular places, history and heritage that define the Essex National Heritage Area—the 34 cities and towns of Boston’s legendary North Shore. We thank the 100+ event hosts for opening their doors and scheduling such an awesome line-up of Trails & Sails experiences. We could not present this event without your enthusiasm! Visit Essex Heritage's Facebook page to see and post photos from the weekend festivities.
Trails & Sails 2016 People’s Choice Awards
Essex Heritage is very grateful to the hundreds of organizations, event leaders and businesses that opened their doors and created experiences that continue to thrill and delight residents and visitors alike. Please join us in applauding the five events (listed in alpha order!) that got the most votes from participants to receive the 2016 People’s Choice Awards:
- Farmstead Cheese Tour, hosted by Valley View Farm, Topsfield
- Full Moon Paddle, hosted by Lake Gardner Improvement Association, Amesbury
- Historic Olmsted Subdivision Walking Tour, hosted by Swampscott Historical Commission, Swampscott
- Kayaking the Essex River Basin, hosted by Essex River Basin Adventures (ERBA), Essex
- Tiffany Stained Glass Windows Tour, hosted by St. Stephen's Memorial Episcopal Church, Lynn
Make Trails & Sails Last All Year Long! Become a Member.
There are many reasons why your Essex Heritage membership matters. While support from our members is put to immediate use to reinforce many programs and initiatives in Essex County, let's talk about the two BIG reasons why your membership matters to Trails & Sails:
- Become a member of Essex Heritage to make Trails & Sails last all year long! As a member, you will be invited to events planned for YOU throughout the year. Members receive discounts to attend Essex Heritage Events and Featured Partner Events across the region, discounted tickets to take the trip to Bakers Island Light Station, a free Trails & Sails guide in September, and more. But more importantly...
- Membership support helps to keep Trails & Sails a FREE public outreach event! Now is the time to join -- show your support for Trails & Sails and assist us in keeping open the doors of discovery to the exceptional cultural, historic and natural sites in the Essex National Heritage Area. Join today.
Trails & Sails 2017
Already looking forward to next year? So are we! Trails & Sails 2017 will be held September 15-17 & 22-24.