THANK YOU to all Trails & Sails event hosts, participants, volunteers and sponsors for making the 13th annual Trails & Sails: Two Weekend of Walks & Water such a terrific success!
The 2014 event line-up offered 150+ FREE event opportunities to connect you to the spectacular places, history and heritage that define the Essex National Heritage Area—the 34 cities and towns of Boston’s legendary North Shore. We thank the 100+ event hosts for opening their doors and scheduling such an exciting line-up of Trails & Sails experiences. We could not present this event without your enthusiasm! Visit Essex Heritage's Facebook page to see and post photos from the weekend festivities.
Trails & Sails 2014 People’s Choice Awards
Essex Heritage is very grateful to the hundreds of organizations, event leaders and businesses that opened their doors and created experiences that continue to thrill and delight residents and visitors alike. Please join us in applauding the five events (listed in alpha order!) that got the most votes from participants to recieve the 2014 People’s Choice Awards:
- Ipswich Estuary Kayak and Open Space Walk, Hosted by Town of Ipswich Open Space Program
- Kayaking the Essex River Basin, Hosted by Essex River Basin Adventures (ERBA)
- Polo & Picnic, Hosted by Essex Heritage Commissioner Tim Clark & Myopia Polo
- Sail on the Schooner FAME, Hosted by Schooner Fame
- World War II Memories by Christian de Marcken, Hosted by Wenham Museum
Make Trails & Sails Last All Year Long! Become a Member.
There are many reasons why your Essex Heritage membership matters. While support from our members is put to immediate use to bolster our many programs and initiatives in Essex County, let's talk about the two BIG reasons why your membership matters to Trails & Sails:
1. Your membership makes Trails & Sails last all year long! As a member, you will be invited to events planned for YOU throughout the year. Members receive discounts to attend Essex Heritage Events and Featured Partner Events across the region, a free Trails & Sails guide in September, our e-newsletter, and more. But more importantly...
2. Your membership support helps to keep Trails & Sails a FREE public outreach event! Now is the time to join -- show your support for Trails & Sails and assist us in keeping open the doors of discovery to the exceptional cultural, historic and natural resources that abound in the Essex National Heritage Area.