Trails & Sails: Two Weekends of Walks and Water, will take place September 16-18 & 23-25, 2016.
Mark your calendars now to join us once again to celebrate our region’s distinctive history, breathtaking landscapes and hidden gems over two weekends of free events!
Keep in touch and stay tuned...
The list of Trails & Sails 2016 events will appear here on August 1st! Can't wait until September? You can make Trails & Sails last all year long by becoming an Essex Heritage member! As an Essex Heritage member there are many opportunities to connect to and support the special sites in this region. Join us!
Hey, Event Hosts!
Get creative, get involved, and start planning your events-- event submission will being online in April! We seek all kinds of experiences and invite any heritage organization or business to consider offering a unique, free event that provides residents and visitors the chance to connect and experience your special place. It's a great way to build public awareness and audience for your cause, mission and organization.
Get Involved: Prior-year hosts will be contacted via email soon. Never hosted before? Email Emily to add your site or organization to the Trails & Sails lineup!
About Trails & Sails 2015
THANK YOU to all Trails & Sails event hosts, participants, volunteers and sponsors for making the 14th annual Trails & Sails: Two Weekend of Walks & Water such a terrific success! The 2015 event line-up offered 150+ FREE event opportunities to connect you to the spectacular places, history and heritage that define the Essex National Heritage Area—the 34 cities and towns of Boston’s legendary North Shore. We thank the 100+ event hosts for opening their doors and scheduling such an exciting line-up of Trails & Sails experiences. We could not present this event without your enthusiasm!
- Check out our Trails & Sails 2015 photo album!
- Download a PDF of the printed guide to Trails & Sails 2015. Please note this is a large file that make take a few minutes to download.
Trails & Sails 2015 People’s Choice Awards
Essex Heritage is very grateful to the hundreds of organizations, event leaders and businesses that opened their doors and created experiences that continue to thrill and delight residents and visitors alike. Please join us in applauding the five events (listed in alpha order!) that got the most votes from participants to recieve the 2015 People’s Choice Awards:
- Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Salem Maritime National Historic Site, hosted by the National Park Service, Salem
- Farmstead Cheese Tour, hosted by Valley View Farm, Topsfield
- Ipswich Estuary Kayak and Open Space Walk, hosted by the Town of Ipswich Open Space Program, Ipswich
- Tiffany Stained Glass Windows Tour, hosted by St. Stephen's Memorial Episcopal Church, Lynn
- The Quakers of Early Salem, hosted by The Salem Award Foundation for Human Rights and Social Justice, Salem