Trails & Sails: Two Weekends of Walks and Water, will take place September 18-20 & 25-27, 2015. Mark your calendars now to join us to once again celebrate our region’s distinctive history, breathtaking landscapes and hidden gems over two weekend of free events!
Keep in touch and stay tuned...
The Trails & Sails 2015 event listing will appear here on August 1st! Can't wait until September? You can make Trails & Sails last all year long by becoming an Essex Heritage member! As an Essex Heritage member there are many opportunities to connect to and support the special sites in this region. Join us!
Hey, Event Hosts!
If you are interested in hosting an event, Email Emily to add your site or organization to the Trails & Sails lineup!
About Trails & Sails 2014
THANK YOU to all Trails & Sails event hosts, participants, volunteers and sponsors for making the 13th annual Trails & Sails: Two Weekend of Walks & Water such a terrific success! The 2014 event line-up offered 150+ FREE event opportunities to connect you to the spectacular places, history and heritage that define the Essex National Heritage Area—the 34 cities and towns of Boston’s legendary North Shore. We thank the 100+ event hosts for opening their doors and scheduling such an exciting line-up of Trails & Sails experiences. We could not present this event without your enthusiasm! Essex Heritage estimates that a record breaking 6,000+ people participants have been recorded at Trails & Sails events extending throughout Essex County.
- Check out our Trails & Sails 2014 photo album!
- Download a PDF of the printed guide to Trails & Sails 2014. Please note this is a large file that make take a few minutes to download.
Trails & Sails 2014 People’s Choice Awards
Essex Heritage is very grateful to the hundreds of organizations, event leaders and businesses that opened their doors and created experiences that continue to thrill and delight residents and visitors alike. Please join us in applauding the five events (listed in alpha order!) that got the most votes from participants to recieve the 2014 People’s Choice Awards:
- Ipswich Estuary Kayak and Open Space Walk, Hosted by Town of Ipswich Open Space Program
- Kayaking the Essex River Basin, Hosted by Essex River Basin Adventures (ERBA)
- Polo & Picnic, Hosted by Essex Heritage Commissioner Tim Clark & Myopia Polo
- Sail on the Schooner FAME, Hosted by Schooner Fame
- World War II Memories by Christian de Marcken, Hosted by Wenham Museum